|Trip Duration:||12 days|
|Accommodation:||Lodge and Tent Camp|
|Best season:||March to May & September to November|
Pisang Peak is one of the non-expedition peaks in Nepal which rises opposite of Annapurna II (7937). It is considered a trekking peak by the Nepal mountaineering association. From the summit we can see Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Gangapurna 7455m, Tilicho peak 7134m etc.
We start from Chamje after 8/9 hours drive from Kathmandu and hiking up the beautiful valley to Pisang Village. This trek offer mountain scenery and it provides on the variety of ethnic Nepalese cultures. Starting in the lowland the trek steadily gains altitude passing through oak and pine forests. To reach the base camp from Pisang village, the path ascends through sparse wood and pasture to a Kharka at (4,380m) which is considered the best place for setting up the base camp. High Camp is set up at 5,400m climbing to a shoulder on the South-West Ridge. The well-defined ridge leads to the final snow slop, which is quite steep but not difficult to reach the summit. Pisang Peak rises above from Pisang village and yak pastures in a uniform slope of ice and snow to the final summit pyramid. The imaging view can be seen from the summits. Descent is made on the same route to Pisang Village. From Pisang village we continue into high desert, on the approach to the Thorong La Pass (5416m) and down to Muktinath or trek down Chame and drive back to Kathmandu. If you going to Muktinath from the pass is equally amazing and varied. The trek will end at Jomsom. We take a flight from Jomsom. It will depend on your time.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Chyamje,
Day 03-10: Trekking and Climbing
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Day 02: Kathmandu-Besishahar-Chyamje
Drive from Kathmandu to Chyamje(1314m,9 hours driving) via Besishahar and then overnight at Lodge.
Day 03: Chyamje-Dharapani
Trek from Chyamje to Dharapani (1943m, 5-6 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Dharapani-Chame
Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2713m, 6 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Chame-Lower Pisang
Trek from Chame to Lower Pisang (3185m, 6hours walking ) and then overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Rest day for acclamatization
This day, you will have a free day in Lower Pisang Village for acclimatization.
Day 07: Lower Pisang-Pisang Peak base camp
Trek from Lower Pisang trek to Pisang peak Base Camp (4573m,6 hours walking) and then overnight at Tent.
Day 08: Pisang Peak base camp-High Camp
Pisang peak base camp to Pisang peak High Camp (5030m,). Climbing guide will teach you how to fix the rope, some climbing tips than make training and overnight at Pisang peak high camp at Tent.
Day 09: Pisang Peak Summit-Base Camp
Morning, start going to the top. After camp 1, go up in the gully, traverse to the right, up on a wide stone field, cross the bridge to the glacier. Always beware of the crevasses. You are nearly halfway. Have a good trip to the top of the Pisang peak 6091m and safely down. you will see panoramic Himalayan views of the Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Gangapurna 7455m, Tilicho peak 7134m,Pisang peak 6091m etc .The same day descend to the Pisang Base Camp and overnight at Tent.
Day 10: Pisang Peak Base Camp-Chame
Trek from Pisang Peak base camp trek to Chame (2713m, 7 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Chame-Kathmandu
Drive from Chame to Kathmandu, overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 12: Departure to international airport.
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Pisang Peak Climbing Permit .
- Trekker’s Information Management System (TIMS) Card.
- One English speaking experience climbing sherpa and required cook and porters.
- Annapurna conservation area (ACAP) fee.
- Kathmandu-Chyamje-Pokhara-Kathmandu by Public Bus or Jeep.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge and Tent accommodation during the trek.
- Trekking /Climbing guide/porters/other staffs: Salary, Insurance, Equipment, Meals and Accommodation etc.
- Equipment such as Tent, Ice ax, Rope, Ices crow, Snow bar.
- Garbage Deposit.
- First Aids Kit.
- Jomsom-Pokhara flight ticket with departure tax.
- 1 Night Hotel in Pokhara on BB Plan.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$4O).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, Mineral water ,Boiled water etc.
- Personal climbing gears & clothing (also available on hire in Kathmandu).
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs.