|Trip Duration:||9 days|
|Accommodation:||3-star hotel in Kathmandu and teahouses during trekking|
|Meals:||Breakfast in Kathmandu, all meals in trekking|
Helambu Valley Trek is easy and provides the magnificent views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains of Langtang Himalayan range.
The warm, friendly and also hospitable people of Helambu valley are mostly Buddhists. It is an ideal trip for those visitors who have a short time and like to combine cultural scenes in the trekking at Helambu valley. You will get an opportunity to explore the culturally rich Tamang villages, Buddhist Gompas and the fantastic landscape with rice fields.
The Helambu Valley Trek is a beautiful alpine region lies to the North of Kathmandu bordering Tibet in Langtang Region. It is popular due to its snow-covered peaks, a mild climate and friendly and hospitable people. The area was also famous as Nepal’s first Himalayan National Park in 1971. The land of Tamangs, Langtang is rich in its age-old religious practices, languages and costumes. A journey to the Langtang valley offers an opportunity to explore the Tamang villages, climb small peaks and visit different glaciers.
Upon our arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Himalayan Glacier who will drop us off at our hotel. After checking in, we take a rest or visit Himalayan Glacier’s office. We may also stroll in the streets of Thamel, a tourist hub in Kathmandu for some souvenir shopping. In the evening, there will be a welcome dinner hosted by Himalayan Glacier where you will be served excellent authentic Nepalese cuisine which will introduce you to the country’s food culture. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Today after breakfast we start a guided tour to several of the most historical and spiritual attractions in Kathmandu. The day will also be for finalizing official procedure and other necessary arrangements. You will be also briefed on the nature of the trek, equipment and team composition. Some of the landmarks we visit include the World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupati Nath, the famous ‘Monkey Temple’ (Swayambhu Nath) and Buddhists shrine (Boddhanath). In the afternoon, there will be a pre-trip discussion where we can meet our trek leader and other team members. You can also make your last minute buying of personal items as you will be flying to the Himalayas tomorrow.
Today, we make an hour’s drive to Sundarijal (1350m), our trek start point. From Sundarijal, trek to Chisopani (2300m). We begin our trek along a small hydroelectric plant. The trail then enters through into the Shivapuri National Park. The first settlement we come across is Mulkharka mostly inhabited by the Tamang people. Then we walk along the ridge through a forest of oaks and rhododendron to Chisopani.
After taking our morning breakfast, we head for a journey to Kutumsang. Our today’s trek starts with decent crossing meadows and fields. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Langtang mountains. Thus we arrive at Pathi Bhanjyang and Gul Bhanjyang. From Gul Bhanjyang, the trail climbs the ridge to another pass. Another downhill trek from the pass takes us to Kutumsang.
- Airport – Hotel – Airport transportation.
- Accommodation in kathmandu
- Kathmandu /syabrubensi/sundarijal/kathmandu by bus.
- kathmandu bus station/ bus station to hotel by car.
- Lodge accommodation on the way.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner tea/coffee three times a day).
- National park fees and TIM’s card.
- One fluent English speaking, government registered most experienced area (local), first aid trained, guide and required porters.
- Guides/Porter’s: food, lodge, transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- All government taxes.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- Hard and soft table drinks, tea and coffee (pot size), all confectionary and snacks,
- &private vehicle transfer or flight fares, heating charges for hot water for shower and boiled drinking water,
- personal expenses, personal insurance, departure tax, and tips etc.