|Trip Duration:||23 days|
|Max. Altitude:||(Gokyo m), (Gokyo-Ri 5360 m)|
|Program Type:||Cultural program with Special Dinner|
|Accommodation:||Hotel / Guest House|
|Meals:||Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + Tea or Coffe|
|Mode of Travel:||Moderate|
|Minimum Pax:||Better to have group|
|Best season:||March-May & Oct-Dec|
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is an astonishing holy place, one of the experience journeys of the Himalayas and one of the best treks among the Everest region. Where you could be able to have an Eye-catching Panoramic view of snow-capped mountains, exotic scenery view, gorgeous Everest region rather than a tiring walk to valley of Gokyo with splendid views of many others mountain during your trek. So don’t miss the chance to be here because of being enrich in natural diversity, Goyko –Ri( the view point of Gokyo trek), view of the Mt. Everest , other mountains above 8000m are visible from this region: Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, and Makalu.etc. Everest Base Camp Trek is more renowned while the Gokyo Lake Trek is best destination if you are really interested after mountains and alpine scenery. It is the serene lake of Gokyo situated at the altitude of 4,750m and nearby Gokyo –Ri (5,350m) which gives us one of the excellent view of the lakes as well as the scenic view of Mt. Everest and others surrounding mountains of the Everest region. All the mountains views are eye-catching from here and the Ngozumpa Glacier (which is largest in the Nepal Himalaya) can be seen from a ridge above the valley of Gokyo.
This trek will be start after 35 min flight to the lukla airport, known as the gate way to Everest. Then we will head to Namche alongside the tourists of Everest Base Camp trek through the valley of the Dudh Koshi River. You will have whole acclimation day in Namche and we will continue our trip passing through engrossing Sherpa Villages and alluring landscape. We reach pristine Gokyo Lake with its tremendously amazing scenery, Next morning we will climb Gokyo-Ri for spectacular view of Mt. Everest, Cho-yu, Lhotse and Makalu and the big Ngozumpa glacier. Tea houses and lodges will be the best choice for food and accommodation along the route as well as the porters and yaks will be available at reasonable price to carry your belongings and packs should you choose. This trek has an alternative way from Gokyo by crossing through Renjo –la pass but it avoids tracing and back to the same route. When we descend via Thame valley to Lukla with Renjo –la pass is included in this trek.
- Day 01 Arrival in Kathmandu 1,400 Welcome program by Himalayan Magic Treks member and direct transfer to Hotel on Bed & Breakfast Plan
- Day 02 Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2,840m) 35 min. Trek to Phakding (2,610m) 4 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )
- Day 03 Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m) 5 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 04 Rest day for Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 05 Trek to Dhole (4,110 m) 6/7 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 06 Trek to Machherma (4,470 m) 5/6 hours Overnight at Loge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 07 Trek to Gokyo Lake (4,790 ) 5/6 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 08 Early morning climb to Gokyo-Ri (5,357m) see the incredible view of Ngozumba glacier, Mount Everest, Chho-yo, Tabuche Cholatse, Makalu, Amadablam, Thamserku many etc then trek down to Na Village. 6/7 hours walk to get there Overnight at Lodge (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )
- Day 09 Trek back to Phortse (3810 m) overnight at Lodge (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 10 Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440 m) 6/7 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 11 Trek to Lukla (2,840m) 4/5 hours Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
- Day 12 Morning flight back to Kathmandu (1,400m) direct transfer to Hotel. Free day in Kathmandu evening together farewell dinner in Typical Nepali Culture.
- Day 13 Departure from Hotel to Kathmandu Airport for your onward destination.Services complete of Himalayan Magic Treks
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,400 Welcome program by Himalayan Magic Treks member and direct transfer to Hotel on Bed & Breakfast Plan
Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2,840m) 35 min. Trek to Phakding (2,610m) 4 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m) 5 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 04: Rest day for Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 05: Trek to Dhole (4,110 m) 6/7 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 06: Trek to Machherma (4,470 m) 5/6 hours Overnight at Loge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 07: Trek to Gokyo Lake (4,790 ) 5/6 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 08: Early morning climb to Gokyo-Ri (5,357m) see the incredible view of Ngozumba glacier, Mount Everest, Chho-yo, Tabuche Cholatse, Makalu, Amadablam, Thamserku many etc then trek down to Na Village. 6/7 hours walk to get there Overnight at Lodge (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner )
Day 09: Trek back to Phortse (3810 m) overnight at Lodge (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazar (3,440 m) 6/7 hours Overnight at Lodge.(Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2,840m) 4/5 hours Overnight at Lodge. (Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner)
Day 12: Morning flight back to Kathmandu (1,400m) direct transfer to Hotel. Free day in Kathmandu evening together farewell dinner in Typical Nepali Culture.
Day 13: Departure from Hotel to Kathmandu Airport for your onward destination.Services complete of Himalayan Magic Treks
- All airport/Hotel transfers service by private car or tourist minibus according to group size.
- 2-star level Hotel in Kathmandu at Thamel touristic city with breakfast except for lunch and dinner.
- Welcome drinks will be served at the hotel after arrival then a trip briefing will be given by our company responsible.
- All lodging or camping and hygienic food with hot drinks during the trekking.
- Salary, insurance, trekking equipment, flight tickets, bus tickets, food and lodging for all staffs.
- A tourist bus or domestic flights and airport taxes as mentioned in the above itinerary.
- An experienced & professional English or French-speaking trekking guide or Mountain guide according to your demand, assistant trekking guides, chef cook, assistant cooks for camping trekking only and porters to carry your luggage.
- All necessary formalities and Trekking permits, peak permits, expedition permits, National park fees, TIMS Card etc according to trip nature.
- All government and local taxes will be paid by our company.
ATTENTION: We give you 1 porter for 2 clients. 1 porter carries only 20kg in tea house trekking and 30 kg in camping trekking according to a syndicate of Nepal porters association.
- Nepal visa fee 40 USD for a month. Nepal visa can be obtained at your country in Nepalese consulate office before arrival in Nepal or you can get Nepal visa after arrival in Kathmandu airport.
- International Airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (Due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (And also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary).
- Travel, Trekking and Helicopter Rescue insurance.
- Personal high altitude medicines, first aid kits, equipment, gears, clothes etc.
- Personal expenses (Phone Calls, Laundry, bar bills during the trekking, Battery recharge of camera or mobile, extra porters if you wish to take, mineral water, Shower etc).
- Tips for Guides and Porters according to the custom of trekking in Nepal since long though this is no obligation if your trip is not satisfied with our staffs.
Acute Mountains Sickness (AMS) sign:
Headache, often with the loss of appetite, nausea vomiting, tiredness, dizziness, distributed sleep. What to do? Stay at height for 1-2 days in lower place to acclimatization, descend or use diamox (250mg every 12 hours).
Severe headache, loss of balance/coordination, staggering, irrational behavior, confusion, drowsiness, coma, death (Sometimes in a few hours)
What to do? Check with straight-line heel-to-toe walking. HACE victims cannot do it. DESCEND immediately, even at night, at least 1000m with someone else, oxygen, Gamow bag, keep patient warm, diamox to be safe also take hot garlic soup
Breath (even at rest), dry cough/pink or rusty spit, blue lips/nails, very tired, low fever, gurgling breath, drowsy, coma, death.
What to do? See HACE + nifedipine
Ascend slow (300-500m/day) don’t exert yourself, eat high carbohydrate foods, drink lots of water and locals recommend garlic soup avoid alcohol and caffeine. Our Guide will more taking care of you as well as giving better suggestion during the Trek
Sprains and stains
Probably the most common accident in the area, Steep terrain and rough trails may cause many people strain their knees and ankles. Remember stretch before you start walking, take your time avoid trekking in the night time, and bring joint support bandages if you require hem.
Health posts. There are at least one health post in every VDC of the Area. This facility is open to trekkers who require medical attention. A novel a you can help the Health post is to leave any unwanted medicines at the center at the end of your trek. This may help other fellow trekkers ho need urgent medical care.
Rescue operation- how to be prepared?
We will be serious in this case to protect our clients in the Mountain and it should be able to organize a rescue evacuation for you quickly in your critical situation. If not the following precautions may prevent a long wait for a helicopter for rescues during emergency.
Have travel insurance and carry your insurance policy number with you.
Carry a credit card with you.
Do the coordination with your Tour Guide to connection with responsible person of HMT to quick Rescue services to save your Life
Clients should keep in touch with Company Manager during your travel time and do not trust only Guide for this Emergency case
Guest should be able to check First aid kit with your Guide , who goes to Mountains to guiding you and avoid trekking on your own.
• Sick, Doctors at VDC health posts
• Helicopter evacuation, you have to call in Kathmandu HMT Office 01-4378206 or 9849166578 (Nabin) directly with your guide support
– Have a credit card and travel insurance number
• Donkeys/Mules/yak: stay on the uphill side of these beasts.
• Leeches: stay on trail use salt to get rid of them, avoid the monsoon season.
• Full lodges: stop early don’t arrive in a place with 1-2 lodges at dusk, carry a tent
• Hypothermia: when cold and or wet. Starts with shivering, progressing to slurred speech, stumbling, confusion, death
• Iodine tablets: Use 1 tablet per liter and wait 30 min. Hide foul taste with lemon or orange flavored powder.
• Boiled and filtered water fairly safe but not so good if boiled with firewood
• Your own water filter would be recommended during the Trek
Reducing pollution and environmental impacts
• Carry out what you carry in
• Take your empty batteries home stay / eat in loges than cook in gas/kerosene and have solar showers
• Order the same food for several people at the same time to cooking easily to saving time to reach for destination on time without any risk
• Wear warm clothes rather than having the rooms heated
• Don’t defecate new after sources
• Dump garbage only at proper bins or pits
• A high altitudes (4000m) do not even throw way biodegradable junk
• Do not disturb wildlife
• Do not hurt or remove animals and plants in the protected areas
• Do not buy items made from wildlife parts; It will be illegal in the sum of dangerous case
• Don’t accept “free” plastic bags.
Important to take along
• Copy of passport, travel insurance and entry permit should have always with you or Guide
• Credit card (in case of evacuation)
• Iodine tablets, water bottle sunscreen, long-sleeved shirt, ha sun glasses, lip balm, insect repent.
• Warm clothes, thermal underwear, gloves, good boos, trekking pole (optional)
Culturally acceptable behavior
You are a guest In Nepal and it is appreciated if you behave like one:
• Dress decently (no short shorts or revealing clothes) and respect the peoples and their culture
• Do not show affection in public
• Do not buy antiques
• Do no point your feet (unclean) to people and point with full hand not with one finger
• Do not step over persons
• Do not touch or step over offerings (re powder, flowers/rice)
• Do not use your left hand ( dirty)
• Receive and give with two hands
• Ask permission before taking people’s photographs.
• Do not ask local kids for school pens or sweets (don’t give either)
• Discourage begging, pay fair prices
• Take off your shoes before entering a monastery
• Go clockwise around Stupas, Temples or world Heritage sides etc
• Do not eat smoke or be loud a religious sites
• Women should avoid touching monks/lamas
Some National Park activities:
Together with local communities
• Visitor centers: info + leaflets on local villages and culture, local guided tours, festival dates. In Jorsalle- Check post
• Everest Eco Museum at Namche Bazaar Local culture, nature, geology
• Garbage/pollution control: awareness, incinerators clean-up campaigns, toilets.
• National Park: tree planting oil conservation river bank protection biodiversity surveys and projection.
• Alternative emery; micro Hyde plans, solar water heaters, light etc.
• Trail improvement: widening, paving, bridges, signs.
• Agriculture and endear development community infrastructure.
• Health services support
• Conservation education
• Heritage conservation
• Lodge management and training
• Training of guides and porters
• Signs and notice boards
• Safe drinking water stations